Sunday, May 24, 2009

From a Man's Shirt to a Girl's Dress!

If you sew, you're going to love this!!! I found this great Tutorial on a fun sewing blog about how to turn a men's shirt into a dress.

It's a super simple dress to make. The only hard part was creating the pattern from her example to fit my daughter. But, now that I have a pattern I should be able to whip more up soon. I stood in line behind about 50 people on "Dollar Day" at Goodwill when it opened so that I could get a few more shirts.

Wish I had taken a pic of the shirt before I changed it. There are all types of ways you can change this up, particularly the sleeves.
Check this lady out too.... she's amazing with a man's shirt!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. Love your new blog, love the dress, and loved seeing you last night. Your kids are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is the cutest dress.
    ever.
    -mindy

    ReplyDelete