Sunday, May 24, 2009

A work in progress....

Again, I failed to take a before pic, but this is definitely not the after shot of this fun little drop leaf table I got at an estate sale for $10. It was pretty sad looking when I first got it, was painted the color of that deck stain that people use that completely clashes with everything else on their exterior. You know the color, a reddish brown. It had lots of other signs of wear and tear too. I took the orbital sander to it and was amazed at how that helped! I wanted a green color and had about 1/2 a pint of this color in my garage. Since it was about 9 pm last night when I decided to paint, I chose to use it even though it was very thin and lumpy. The lumps eventually almost disappeared after some stirring. I have found that I like painting furniture with thin paint. I seem to have less drips and can put several layers on without it getting too thick and gummy. I plan to thin out all my paint for furniture from here on.
Posted by Picasa
I haven't decided what my next step is going to be. She looks like she needs some embellishment... like decoupage, or swirly white something on it. Any suggestions?

1 comment:

  1. paisley-viney-swirly stuff!

    i like the color! where are you putting it?

    ReplyDelete